Samsun’un İngilizce Anlatımı,Tanıtımı
Samsun’s old name is Enete.Samsun’s Greek name is Amisos.
Samsun is a beautiful city which is in the Black Sea Region.It is between two rivers,Kızılırmak and Yeşilırmak.Kızılırmak is the longest river of Turkiye.
Samsun has a long history.Greek colonists lived in the 6th century BC. In the 3rd century BC Kingdom of Pontus started to rule Samsun. The Romans took over in 47 BC and Amisos became part of the eastern Roman Empire.Seljuks captured Samsun in 1200 AD. After Seljuks, Otoman Empire ruled Samsun.
There are Archaeological and Atatürk Museum. Paleolithic artifacts are in the Samsun Archaeological museum. The Atatürk Museum includes photographs of his life and some personal belongings. The museum is open from 8:30 till 12:00 and from 14:00 till 17:00.
There are old mosques in Samsun. Pazar Mosque is the Samsun’s oldest building. It was built by the Ilkhanate Mongols in the 13th century.
Valide or Büyük Mosque was built by the Batumlu Haci Efendi in 1884. Its name “Valide” comes from the mother of Sultan Abdulaziz.
There is a cave in Samsun.It is Tekkeköy Caves.It is 14 km east of city center archaeological site from Hittites.
Statue of Atatürk is the Cumhuriyet Meydanı. it’s big and a bit overdone. The Austrian sculptor Heinz Kriphel made it in three years (1928-1931).
There are two festivals in the city, the Bike Festival and the Festival of OMÜ (Ondokuz Mayıs Üniversitesi, one of the local universities).
Football is the most popular sport. The city’s football club is Samsunspor.
Basketball, volleyball, tennis, swimming, water skiing (in summer), horse riding, go karting, paintballing, martial arts and many other sports are played. Cycling and jogging are only common along the sea side. Fishing is also popular.
Climate in Samsun in August/September is about 28 centigrade in the day, around 24 at night.Samsun is rather humid.